Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Following Your Advice

I was recently told:
"Worry is pain suffered for something which hasn't happened yet"

And on that note, I'm not going to worry about the lag. I'm going to continue to do things on a daily basis with meeting, interviewing and photographing people. That was the project statement and I've stuck with it. After all nighters, during finals week, when busy with work, when socially awkard... I’ve kept going with the daily commitment. And I don't want to ruin the results by rushing the post processing. Every time I stress about the backlog, and then try to do edits I find the results are atrocious, and I'd rather do it right. I feel like every person I’ve interviewed has trusted me to do my best, and to half ass a portrait is a disservice to them as well as myself. So I’m going to take the advice offered to me and not worry. The next month will be insanely busy as I’m going to do some traveling to figure out where I’ll be for the next two years while simultaneously taking a full course load, TAing a course, and working on a side project (which while it takes time away from this project, aids me in keeping myself visually aware so I don’t go into auto pilot). I will be trying to organize the files so when I have time to properly post I have everything laid out in order, but I’m not going to worry. Thanks for your patience.

Song of the Week:
I’m Yours - Jason Mraz
or
Childlike Wildlife - Jason Mraz

No comments: