Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Absent Not Inactive!

Sorry for the absence of posts and updates, I assure you this project has not died yet. I’m trying during the wee morning hours of the 24th of September, and thus far have done 23 days of interviews and photos. My hand has fully healed and there is only a bit of light brown scarring where the burn was. If you didn’t know my hand was burnt you’d probably not even notice, or if you did you’d more likely assume I had residue of mocha on my hand. (I work at a starbucks thus the mocha assumption isn’t that far from the truth sometimes). I was rather surprised at the strength of the pain killers they gave me. Very effectively they stopped the pain, but they also made me drowsy and I wasn’t too safe for driving. Thus in the morning for the next three days I only took aspirin that way I could still go out. Then in the afternoon I took the pain killers that were prescribed to me. Also despite getting the burn on a Sunday evening, it hurt enough that I kept it on ice until Tuesday night and then on and off for the Wednesday. One interesting adventure down- many more to come? School has also just resumed, thus I’m now juggling classes, work, TAing a class, trying to do this project and figure out where I’d like to go once I’m done with Foothill. While some days are harder than others, I’ve had the dumb luck to be invited to various social events where I only know one or two people. Such events are utterly ideal as there are many people to meet and potentially interview, and this project ends up being a great conversation starter. The other perks is at social events the answers I get are also more in depth. Though I don’t know how much time I’ll have for social activities now that school is in session.

Also I’ve just finalized plans for a family trip this October. During the end of the month we’ll be visiting Portugal, London and Spain. Which I’m thinking will be an excellent opportunity to meet new people. I’ll definitely have to get someone during the stop over in New York so I don’t lose a day during the extended flights. But that’s a few weeks away. For now it’s nearly 3 am and I should go to bed so I can get 3 hours of sleep before work starts. I’ll try to get my act together with uploading, processing and posting- but no promises. I’m keeping up with the interview side- and for now that’s challenge enough.

No comments: