Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The gaps in some interviews...

I’m sure some of you will notice the gaps in some interviews, thus I’m going to explain why they’re there in advance so I don’t get oodles of questions about it. When doing the daily interviews I have a tendency to focus on the person I’m talking to (logically). And thus even though I generally know the questions when I’m not occupied, I have a tendency to forget questions when asking them. My solution is just to cheat and look at the proceeding day’s interview and copy the question. Sometimes if the person the day before talked for a longer or shorter amount, or my handwriting was more of a scrawl - the spacing sometimes differs by day. And if I look just across the lines of one page to the next, sometimes a question can get missed. Then most likely the question will be missed for several interviews until I notice the number has changed. Which is the reason you will see several interviews without the favorite childhood toy and racist joke questions. For some of those people I do have their contact information as it was exchanged during the interview, however I feel it’s best to leave it as is: with all the information for the day being acquired on the day itself. If this irks any readers/viewers, I’m sorry. I hope I’ll be a bit more focused so you won’t see the mistake again.

No comments: